Thursday, January 17, 2013

Putting the Sass in Sassy Water


So this is me: a 20-something spinster-in-training trying to make the most of a new year. Having recently graduated I’m not only preparing for the ridiculously boring and mundane life of a 9 to 5-er, but I’m also realizing that the excuse of being a college student is null and void. Gone are the days of mid-week bar crawls, 2 a.m. Cook Out visits, and sleeping until noon. My weekly workout consisted of running back and forth between classes, pubs, and surviving the Hill. I doubt my body will see the result of walking from my desk to the water cooler. 
As I venture off to spend 8 hours of my day sitting in a chair, I’m using this platform to try to stay fit. It’s not about losing weight. It’s about letting my inner fatty resemble the skinny girl on the outside. I want to run. I want to wake up feeling refreshed. I want to be sassy enough KO those bitches at Black Friday sales. 
So this isn’t about weight, and it definitely isn’t about a boy (I’m mean, my longest relationship has been a decade long affair with a fictional character and my 3 1/2 year long off-again, on-again was no Mr. Darcy), it’s about getting healthy. 
With that, I propose a toast to you and me. I raise my glass of Sassy Water and my bottle of wine to you in hopes that we can take this journey to get health together!

No comments:

Post a Comment